- Added two components for creating external archives of serialized geometry. Compatible with Rhino 5.0 only.
- Rhino Pack component serializes geometry into a SQLite database format.
- Rhino Unpack deserializes geometry stored in a SQLite database format.
- A SQL syntax problem was resolved with some of the SQL database creation components (Meshes, Lines, Sensors, Points, etc)
- Major update to the Slingshot! concept for Grasshopper. Introduces new features and workflows.
- Added components for SQLite
- Create SQLite Database File
- SQLite Command
- SQLite Query
- Added Serialize components
- Serialize geometry to XML
- Deserialize geometry from XML
- Some tabs have been renamed:
- RDBMS Connection: Connection components for MySQL, ODBC, OLE DB, and SQLite
- SQL: Components for assembling SQL commands and queries.
- Utility: Components which help with formatting and serialization
- Web Tools: Web-related tools
- Updated MySQL .NET support to version 6.5.4
- Plug-In now includes local copies of required MySQL and SQLite DLLs. External downloads of the MySQL .NET connector or System.Data.SQLite binaries are no longer required.
- Slingshot! is now compiled for both 64-bit and 32-bit. Each version is identical with the exception that the SQLite binaries are specific to the 32-bit or 64-bit platforms. SQLite components will not run properly if the wrong version is downloaded per your system type.
- There are small variations in SQL syntax between the supported RDBMS. SQL components were first designed for MySQL. If a command or query does not seem to be working correctly, please verify the SQL syntax for your preferred RDBMS.
- Serialization components will only work properly with Rhino 5.0. This is completely out of my hands.
- Introduced SQL standard tools to simplify creating database systems for storing and updating geometry and analysis results.
- Updated Twitter search component with parsed search results.
- Corrected a few inconsitencies in component inputs.
- Milestone update to the Slingshot! concept for Grasshopper. Introduces many new features and a new database workflow.
- Now officially called "Slingshot! Database"
- Plug-In supports MySQL, ODBC, and OLE DB.
- Reorganized toolbar for new, expanded toolset.
- Query and Command components enable access to different databases.
- SQL string components help users compose SQL code for use with query and command components.
- Web tools provide support for FTP upload/download and HTTP streams.
- Twitter Search gives users access to the search API and returns XML into Grasshopper.
- MySQL components now require the MySQL .NET connector 6.4.4
- Compatible with Grasshopper version 0.8.0051
- Added Connection Timeout and Command Timeout parameters to Connection string component
- Fixed a few misc. inconsistencies for input/output naming and messages.
- Introduced a generic MySQL Command component. Allows user to send any SQL command to the database.
- Reorganized some categories in preparation for future database components which will exist in the Slingshot! tab.
- Download comes with optional ODBC plug-ins v0.1.0.0 that can be installed separately.
- Drop components retired.
- Drop functionality absorbed into the Create components as a boolean toggle.
- Create Database, Create Table, and Create Column components now located under "Manage"
- Manage components now output SQL code.
- Table Query component now has a second output which contains the entire query result with columns separated by commas.
- Some component inputs reorganized
- All components now located under the "Slingshot!" tab. Formally "Slingshot! MySQL"
Write Column has been removed and is officially replaced by Write Table.
Corrected a critical syntax error that would result from using the "WHERE" input in the
Query SFW String component.
- Created a new Write Table component which resolves a number of workflow problems and improves streaming data to a table. Most notably, the user can write multiple columns of data at once. A 'Truncate' toggle also allows the user to dynamically clear data from the table and fill it with new data.
- Created a new Format Rows component which will format data lists into a row strings for use with the "Write Table" component
- Create Table: Users can now create tables with multiple columns.
- Write Column: Rearranged inputs and added more detailed descriptions on use.
Initial WIP Release